Firefox 3 Beta is an amazing program - I run it as my default browser and it works great. One thing you may be missing from the beta is the mouse gestures add-in, which is not compatible with Firefox 3 off the shelf. This little hack lets you install the mouse gestures add-on in Firefox 3 so that you can enjoy the beta with the full mouse gestures support available in Firefox 2.
- Download https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/60/all-in-one_gestures0.18.0-fx.xpi and save it in a convenient folder on your hard drive.
- Rename the downloaded file so that it has a .zip extension
- Open the file in your favorite zip file manager (e.g. WinZip or WinRar)
- Extract the file install.rdf from the archive and open it in a text editor
- Change the line
<em:maxVersion>4.0.0.*</em:maxVersion>and save the file.
- Drag and drop your modified install.rdf file into the archive window that you have open to insert the updated file into the zip archive
- Rename the zip file back to all-in-one_gestures0.18.0-fx.xpi
- Drag and drop the file all-in-one_gestures0.18.0-fx.xpi onto a Firefox 3 browser window and complete the instalation